Power Prep Module
for CNC Motor Drivers
Picture of PMDX-135-8020 module for use up to 80 Volts DC at up 20 Amperes.
Click on image for larger view
The PMDX-135 is a power preparation module for use with CNC motor drivers
- Offered in 80 volt and 50 volt versions
- Supplies up to 20 Amperes of filtered, unregulated DC when connected to a suitable input transformer
- Includes electronic load "DUMP" to help prevent overvoltage when motors produce "back EMF" during rapid deceleration
- Provides rapid power off discharge of storage capacitors (under 5 seconds) for additional user safety
- Utilizes multiple filter capacitors in order to better handle ripple current heating effects
- Utilizes heavy duty bridge rectifier mounted to a large heatsink
- Indicators furnished for "DC Output ON" and back EMF "DUMP"
- Ideal power source for our PMDX-132 Breakout/Motherboard Combo for Geckodrive stepper motor drivers
- Can be used to power all models of Geckodrive stepper and servo motor drivers and also drivers from many other vendors
- Has enough power capability to run 4 Geckodrive stepper motor drivers at full power
** Geckodrive, Inc. the maker of the Gecko motor drivers does not manufacture, sell, or provide techincal support for the PMDX-135.
Download the manual in PDF format here (revision 1.2, 340 KB).