Author Topic: E-stop on PMDX340 W/PDMX411  (Read 3562 times)

Grant.marshall

• View Profile
E-stop on PMDX340 W/PDMX411
« on: February 22, 2017, 04:03:17 PM »
I have an E-stop wiring issue. I am attempting to get the spindle to run, but need to address the E-Stop first.

Issue: This light machine TMC1000 has a factory E-stop and the way it is designed is that it sends a 12 volt signal out when in the off position, when you pull the E-stop button back out it goes to 0 volts. So what I see on the PMDX340 E-stop light is it on when the machine E-stop is pulled out, when I push the E-stop button in,down, the light the E-stop light goes off on the 340.

Tried assigning the E-stop pin 10 to green check in Active low and red, but still will not work. Steve I am assuming I have to rewire my machine? No other settings? I tried leaving machine E-stop wire out of J5 pin 4 but that leaves 340 E-stop light on. When I use the shorting bar on J5 5-4 light stays on.

Attached are pics of the 340, light on when e-stop pulled, light off when e-stop pushed...backwards to what I want
Any other suggestions

Steve Stallings

• Administrator
  • www.PMDX.com/Images/Avatar120.jpg
    • View Profile
Re: E-stop on PMDX340 W/PDMX411
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 09:34:22 PM »
The E-Stop input on pin 4 of J5 on the rear of the PMDX-340 is
designed to connect to a "dry" switch that either grounds it
(normal non-EStop condition) or goes open circuit (EStop
condition indicated). You should be able to verify this mode
of operation by plugging and unplugging J5 with the pin 4
to pin 5 jumper in place.  The PMDX-340 should indicate an
EStop if you remove the plug, or if you press the EStop button
on the PMDX-340 front panel.

Applying 12 volts to the EStop input on J5 will not work, but
hopefully it has not caused any damage. The circuit behind that
input uses a comparator circuit that will be driven beyond its
common mode range by the 12 volts and its output will become
undefined as a result. In your case "undefined" seems to result
in the opposite of what is desired.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

Grant.marshall

• View Profile
Re: E-stop on PMDX340 W/PDMX411
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 03:04:51 PM »
FYI:
Got it figured out Steve, I had my DVOM on AC volts so it is not a DC volt signal, still a ground.
The problem is that the E-stop does 2 functions. One side supplied a low/ground for J5 pin4 which is fine, but the other side E-stop for the spindle control board shuts it off with a open circuit. So if I jumper the spindle motor Everything works as desired.

Need to add a relay or 2nd E-stop or a combo E-stop so when E-stop is engaged, one circuit is open, the other side is closed