Author Topic: ERROR WITH NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE AUG 2017  (Read 3024 times)

hooked

• View Profile
ERROR WITH NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE AUG 2017
« on: August 22, 2017, 11:19:47 PM »
Hi,

I have just reloaded MACH4 and loaded the latest PMDX firmware for my PMDX-416 as per email notification.

Now when I set my work zero position, move away and hit the Go to Work Zero Button in Mach4 I get the following message - "AXIS 3 COMMANDED WHILE DISABLED"

HELP REQUIRED.

THANKS - DARYL

hooked

• View Profile
Re: ERROR WITH NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE AUG 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 12:25:20 AM »
FURTHER TO THE ABOVE. IT APPEARS THAT MACH4/PMDX-416 IS IGNORING THE SETUP TO MY DEFAULT OF METRIC IN THE GENERAL SETTINGS IN MACH4. 

ERRORS WITH MOTOR SPEED AND RUNNING JOB (WAY OVER SCALE) PRESENTED.

SORRY I HAVENT GIVEN MORE DETAIL BUT I HAVE CARRIED OUT THE UPGRADE IN THE MIDDLE OF A LOT OF PENDING WORK THAT I NEED TO GET OUT.

DARYL

RGUERI1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 05:22:50 PM »
Daryl,
I am having the same issue when I hit the "Go To Work 0" button. I am running PMDX-424 SmartBOB-USB.
I have the following connections on my board:
Moto0-No Connection
Motor1-X-axis
Motor2-Z-axis
Motor3A-Y-axis (right)
Motor3B-Y-axis (left)

I have the PMDX "Motor Clone" active, instead of the MACH4 "Master/Slave" method. Everything else is running smooth, so far. However, I've just swapped over from a Smoothieboard and I'm just getting everything calibrated and learning the interface. Haven't tried any cuts yet.

RGUERI1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 06:03:00 PM »
Daryl,
I got it figured out, with the following code in the screen editor:

GoToWorkZero()
local inst = mc.mcGetInstance()
mc.mcCntlMdiExecute(inst, "G00 G90 G53 Z0\nG00 X0 Y0\nG00 Z0")

I found a couple issues, the first being the "--" at the beginning, which ignores anything following! However, I had to add the "G90" as well, to switch to absolute mode.
Not sure if I need to put a "G91" at the end, to go back to Incremental, or is that automatic for jogging?

Hopefully that helps.
Rustin