Author Topic: PMDX-126, PMDX-107, ESS - ATC query - pneumatic solenoid valves  (Read 1910 times)

swood1

• View Profile
PMDX-126, PMDX-107, ESS - ATC query - pneumatic solenoid valves
« on: December 13, 2020, 06:45:40 PM »
Hi all,

Now got my machine up and running minus the ATC.  I have been swapping my tooling out manually .  I have been looking at the setup, basically there are a number of solenoids.  Thus, I believe I know the ladder diagram of the actual tool changeover steps but my issues are:-

1.  How do I go about connecting these solenoids upto the the PMDX-126?  The solenoids will obviously be outputs but there are also some inputs, prior to the next solenoid firing.
2.  How do I write a basic step/ladder program so I fire the write solenoids at the right time that Mach4 can understand.

Photo attached shows the solenoids on the left.

Hope my query makes some sense.

Steve

12strings

• View Profile
Re: PMDX-126, PMDX-107, ESS - ATC query - pneumatic solenoid valves
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 11:52:01 PM »
Depends on what kind of signals the solenoids need/output.  If the control inputs are 5V TTL/CMOS compatible, then you can connect them to any of the PMDX-126 outputs.  If the solenoid control inputs directly drive the solenoid coils, then you will need a relay driver board (maybe the PMDX-108-Output???).

Mach4 has a ladder logic editor, though I've never used it.  For help there I'd check the Mach4 support forum.