Author Topic: Problem with PMDX 424 and Mach 4  (Read 4606 times)

hernandd58

• View Profile
Problem with PMDX 424 and Mach 4
« on: May 21, 2016, 05:44:36 PM »
Tried to run a g code program today and the following error came up in history. This error code appeared right after I open Mach 4 and tried to zero in the cnc machine. 
PMDX SmartBOB USB Device Error System Error (7): MotionUnderrun.
Tried restarting the program and even restarted the laptop.

Any suggestion.

hernandd58

• View Profile
Re: Problem with PMDX 424 and Mach 4
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 05:53:19 PM »
One other thing I notice a scratch gouge on the PMDX board. Would this cause any problems.
It's right above the USB connection. When I got the board the envelope was damaged and ripped

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 12:10:49 PM »
OUCH!!! The good news is that this gouge in the board *should* not be in any way related to the error you are seeing.  The bad news - it looks like that may cause the relay to not work, and may even cause "Input 8" to not work (might always be reported as "high").  I wish you had told us about this damage when you received your board.  If you try using the relay or Input 8 and they don't work, you can send the board back to us and we will try to fix the damaged section of the board.

But on to the problem you wrote about...  I would like you to have our plug-in create a debug log again to capture what is happening here.  Follow the same steps as the last time (see my post http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-Forums/index.php?topic=268.msg1082#msg1082).  Enable the debug log, exit Mach4 then restart and do whatever you were doing to zero the machine (and make sure to tell me exactly what you did).  Disable the debug log and create a profile package and email that to me, or post it here.

Bob

Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.

hernandd58

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 09:59:10 PM »
Bob
I'm out of town this week and won't be home until Friday, when I get home I'll creat the de bug file and send it to you.

Thanks

hernandd58

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 10:51:04 AM »
Bob
I connected my laptop to the PMDX 424 and started up Mach 4 and I was able to run several cnc programs with no problems. I never did receive any error codes.  I think the problem I was seeing  was caused while I was using a blue tooth mouse that is connected to a USB port. It seems like every time I have the blue tooth mouse connected and I load Mach 4 my blue tooth mouse looses connection and becomes disable. At the time I received the error in Mach 4 I was working in Vcarve Pro and using the blue tooth mouse and did not have Mach 4 loaded yet. When I was ready to run my cnc machine I connected the USB cable from the PMDX 424 and then loaded Mach 4, the first time Mach 4 was loading it said it could not detect a USB connection so I closed Mach 4 and re connected the USB cable. I then reloaded Mach 4 and it was then when I that I received the error codes in the history window.  At the same time my laptop was running slow the mouse arrow was unresponsive at times moving slow and would disconnect and re connect.
Yesterday when I got home I connected the laptop the the PMDX and loaded Mach 4 and ran several cnc programs and everything work great. I did have Vcarve Pro running but did not have the blue tooth mouse connected.  So I think the problem I was having was due to the mouse and USB issues.  Im using a low cost Dell laptop

Thanks

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 10:13:39 PM »
That is very interesting.  I guess I need to track down a bluetooth mouse with a USB adapter and see what happens here.  Meanwhile, let us know if the problem pops up again.

Bob
Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.