Author Topic: Sample PMDX-424 profile  (Read 2612 times)

pedio

• View Profile
Sample PMDX-424 profile
« on: July 21, 2016, 02:45:12 PM »
I took a look at the sample PMDX-424 profile today and it looks pretty neat. Is there any reason that I should not use this with the PMDX 410? I really like the large toolpath window!

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
Re: Sample PMDX-424 profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 02:54:25 PM »
All you need to do is change the screen set used by your current profile - that is, presuming that you have not customized the screen set by editing it and adding Lua code.  The PMDX-424 sample profile and the newer versions of the "PMDX-Sample" profile use the "wx4.set" screen set, whereas the old "PMDX-Sample" profile used the "wxMach.set" screen set.

Open Mach4 then go to the "View" menu and select "Load Screen".  When the "Select Screen File" dialog appears, change into the "Screens" directory and select "wx4.set".  Then click on "Open".  You should be all set.

This change in screen sets was mentioned in the release notes for the last couple of SmartBOB plug-in releases.  If you haven't updated your plug-in in a while, I suggest heading over to http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-SmartBOB-USB-Plug-In and download the latest version.  Specifically, if you are not running plug-in version 0.41.205 (from 26 May 2016) or higher, please upgrade.  There were several significant bug fixes in that release.

Bob
Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.