Author Topic: PMDX-424 ClearPath Motor Configeration  (Read 3008 times)

dq828

• View Profile
PMDX-424 ClearPath Motor Configeration
« on: November 09, 2016, 03:43:14 AM »
Hi

It is my understanding that the step and direction outputs from the 424 board can be wired directly to the step and direction inputs on the ClearPath motors. I have wired the motors in this manner. At this point I have one motor wired to each of the 424 motor0 and motor1 outputs. I have installed your plug-in for Mach4, and have wired  two of the 424 outputs from J12 to enable the motors. When I enable the system in Mach 4 the ClearPath motors are enabled and ready to receive step and direction signals. But the life of me I can't get any action on the step and direction front.

It is unclear to me how you are to configure the motors using your plug-in in Mach 4 for the step and direction outputs. In the outputs in Mach 4 I cannot find any step and direction outputs related to your plug-in. I have selected Motor0 and Motor1 in the Mach4 motor configurations tab, I have also enabled motor0 and motor1 is the Masters on the X and Y axis. Apart from my enable signals do I need to enable any other inputs or outputs to configure the motors. I assumed when I went to the Mach4 configuration output signal tab, there would have been step and direction outputs to choose from, but there are only four outputs to choose from.

OK I may have made some progress, I have the PMDX Real-Time Status (RTS) screen open & when I jog the X+ X- and Y+ Y- in Mach4 the Dir0 & Dir1 light swaps from Red to Green, which I assume is what it should be doing, but the Step light flashes Yellow, is that what it should be doing?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 05:59:48 AM by dq828 »

Steve Stallings

• Administrator
  • www.PMDX.com/Images/Avatar120.jpg
    • View Profile
Re: PMDX-424 ClearPath Motor Configeration
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 08:05:13 AM »
The only configuration needed for the step and direction signals is
in our plug-in. It provides two choices of pin layouts. The default
selection is for step signals on even numbered pins, and this one
results in the signals appearing on the terminals as labeled on
the white lettering beside the terminal blocks. The alternate
pinout is used for compatibility with the PMDX-133 and PMDX-134
motherboards which used our older style step on odd number pins
convention.

Double check that you do not have the step and direction assignments
swapped either in the configuration or in your wiring.

Yes, the yellow indicator is showing that the signal is pulsing.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

dq828

• View Profile
Re: PMDX-424 ClearPath Motor Configeration
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 05:14:30 AM »
Thank you