Author Topic: PMDX-424 encoder spindle RPM not working in Mach4 Lathe  (Read 3754 times)

GranDan

• View Profile
PMDX-424 encoder spindle RPM not working in Mach4 Lathe
« on: May 18, 2018, 01:55:00 PM »
I have a quadrature encoder, with index, installed and connected to PMDX-424.  I have reviewed the configuration notes and double checked the settings in Mach4 and PMDX plugin configurations multiple times.  In spite, Mach4 lathe will not display actual spindle RPM.  Please tell me what I am missing.  Mach4 build: 3233.  Smart Bob plugin: 0.52.254.  Firmware: 0.58.205

Steve Stallings

• Administrator
  • www.PMDX.com/Images/Avatar120.jpg
    • View Profile
Re: PMDX-424 encoder spindle RPM not working in Mach4 Lathe
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 01:35:51 PM »
Please contact support and provide a packaged profile so we can check your configuration.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

genestuff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 08:46:56 PM »
I'm having exactly the same problem but can't find Steve's final answer to GranDan's question.  I'd like a reference to the final resolution to this issue?

12strings

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 07:05:05 PM »
If you post your profile here, I'll take a look if Steve doesn't snag it first.  Warning - the weather here is WONDERFUL and I've got a ton of leaves to deal with.  So my time staring at a computer screen may be limited for the next couple of days :)

genestuff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 11:09:20 PM »
If your response "Post your profile here" was to me, how do I post it?

Thanks

genestuff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 11:16:09 PM »
Also, what's a " packaged profile" and how do I post it?  Sorry, I'm new to this Forum stuff and have just barely figured out how to post something.

By the way, I have another posting on this same subject with additional details and a copy of the conversational threading G-Code I tried to run.  It may provide more information if you'd care to glance at it.

Thanks

genestuff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 08:44:21 PM »
Ok, I think this is what you meant by "Post my Profile".

12strings

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 02:22:29 AM »
Sorry - been busy.

The INI file is an important part of your profile.  To generate a "profile package", start up Mach4 with  your PMDX-424 profile, then go to the "Help" menu and select "Support" and then "Package Current Profile".  It will prompt you for where to store the file.  The "profile package" contains everything needed to run your profile - screen set, macros, etc.  Just in case you have customized something.

And since you posted more info about your issue in the other thread, how about we jump to posting only that thread from now on.  Including the full "profile package" file :)

For those following, the other thread is https://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-Forums/index.php?topic=673.0