Author Topic: Mach3 holding E Stop  (Read 5346 times)

SeabeeGizmo

• View Profile
Mach3 holding E Stop
« on: June 24, 2015, 02:22:12 PM »
 First I want to thank everyone for the help I have received to get this first time cnc user going.

Back ground: Toys

computer with single parallel cable.
126, 107, 134

Software: Vcarve8, Mach3.

I have a relay hooked up to the power to the 134 so if it drops power the relay closes on 126 fault. I have three safety kill switches. One side to 106 E Stop, the other side kills power to 134 and the spindle.

The trouble I am having is on the first time wake up (if Mach3 is on or not) all starts up and ready to go.

BUT.   If I am running and do a safety switch E Spot it goes into E Stop like designed. But will not come out of E Stop until I turn off all power the the 106 or turn off the Mach3 program then restart.

Is there a setting I need to change?

Regards
Gizmo
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 02:33:01 PM by SeabeeGizmo »

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
Re: Mach3 holding E Stop
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 01:48:08 AM »
First, you mention "106" a couple of times.  I presume that you mean "126" (as in PMDX-126) since you don't list a PMDX-106 as one of the boards that you have.

Second, is this a continuation of the issues from this thread?
http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-Forums/index.php?topic=43.msg415#msg415
(for which I apologize for not responding to your last post).

When you press one of your safety switches, do you see the red EStop LED on the PMDX-126 turn on?  When you release the safety switch, does the red EStop LED on the PMDX-126 turn off?  IF not, then something is keeping the EStop input high (or open) or the Fault input grounded.

Let me see if I have this straight: when this issue arises, you can turn the PMDX-126 off and back on and the problem goes away (i.e.you can bring Mach out of reset).  **OR** you can exit Mach and re-start it and you are also then able to bring Mach out of reset.  Is that right?

You mentioned in the other thread that things worked for a while, then stopped working.  This *may* indicate intermittent connections.  Try removing one wire at a time from the PMDX-126, then make sure that the screw clamp is all the way down, re-insert the wire that tighten the screw clamp.

Are you using one of the PMDX-126 relays to also control power to the motors/PMDX-134 (as in our app note AN003)?  If so, you have a deadlock condition because when the PMDX-126 sees an EStop/Fault input it will turn off the relay, cutting power to the motors, which will then keep the fault input grounded through the power monitor relay.

Try disconnecting the motor power from the PMDx-126 fault input and see if that changes things.

Bob
Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.

SeabeeGizmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 01:48:36 AM »
Sorry about the 106, Yes 126.

I do not know what is going on with the links in and out of this forum. I try to send you a reply and it does not show. Then when I get a notice in my Email that someone has a reply I end up at a string from back in January. So I started a new string to get a message to you.

This is not the mesage I was even sending. This is was an old message.

Yes this is the same problem with the Estop. In the drawing I posted (all power 24vdc) comes from the 24vdc trans and all 230vac is after the main in the control box. (If this helps)

Gizmo

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 10:21:15 PM »
Something is funky in the forums database.  If I am NOT logged in, then I cannot view the most-recent hand full of posts on the"My PMDX-126 Thread" under the breakout boards section - the posts shows on [age 3 are the same as on page 1.  When I *AM* logged in, the newer posts show just fine.

Is this what you are experiencing, that you can see the new posts only when you are logged in?  Or can you not see the new posts even then.

Try this link:  Does this show a message from me dated Aug 14, 2015?
http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-Forums/index.php?topic=43.msg543#msg543

Bob
Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.