Author Topic: K1 and K2 Stopped Working  (Read 2653 times)

LerninCNC

• View Profile
K1 and K2 Stopped Working
« on: November 02, 2017, 11:46:10 AM »
My setup has been working flawlessly for several months.  Last weekend I decided to setup Mach to control my flood coolant pump.  I started out enabling K1/pin 1 to send a 5vdc signal to a relay that would start/stop the pump motor.  I got a 3.95vdc signal from pin 1 to the relay but the pump motor would not start.  Did some research and discovered that I could run the pump motor directly from K1 so that is the direction I decided to take.

Went back to the shop yesterday and made the wiring changes.  K1 and K2 were working last time I had the machine running but when I started up I had no lights on either relay.  I checked my configuration thinking I might have not saved my settings and all appears good.  I have JP1 jumpered to pin 1 and JP2 jumpered to pin 14.  In Mach3 Output 1 is enabled and set to port 1 and pin 1.  Output 2 is set to port 1 and pin 14.  Selecting active high or low has no effect.

I'm running a PMDX-126 BoB, PMDX-107 spindle control board, and ESS on Windows 7 64 bit laptop.  My xml file is attached.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? 

LerninCNC

• View Profile
Re: K1 and K2 Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 01:02:26 PM »
I figured it out.  I'm running a 107 spindle board and it's configuration was using Port 1 pin 14.  So I set JP2 to multimode and configured Output 2 for Port 2 pin 14.  K2 is now working and powering on my coolant pump.  Still haven't figured out why K1 and K2 LED's were on before but at this point it's not important.

Steve Stallings

• Administrator
  • www.PMDX.com/Images/Avatar120.jpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 10:04:18 PM »
Glad you found it. Mach3 will allow you to configure multiple
functions to drive the same pin, but of course that will not
work properly. Mach4 will not allow such configurations to be
created.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

LerninCNC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 10:10:17 PM »
Since I got the K2 relay to turn on my coolant pump my spindle will not reverse direction.  I've gone through my Mach3 configuration as well as my VFD parameter settings.  I changed some of the settings one at a time but still no luck.  Been working on this for two days and haven't made any progress.

I've attached my Mach3 XML files and screen shots of my configuration.  Any help is appreciated.  I've got a job waiting to be run.

Thanks