Author Topic: PMDX 424 initial start up support  (Read 2290 times)

Timothy1024

• View Profile
PMDX 424 initial start up support
« on: September 22, 2020, 12:24:33 PM »
Hey guys and gals,
I recently purchased the 24 volt DC version of the PMDX-424. I got the Mach 4 software installed, installed the PMDX Smart-Bob USB Plug-in, I got all the way to section 2.6 in the Quick Start Guide, (2.6 Initial Power on). Instructions said I should see almost all of the LED's turn on for about one second and then turn off. Then the power should be on. The red LED should be on and the green LED underneath the Red LED should be flashing one short flash every two seconds. If you do not see this, check your power connection and then contact PMDX support.

I checked it twice, took a meter reading at the power connection on the board, Shows 23.99 Volts DC. When power is supplied to this board, I have one amber colored LED that lights up. I believe it is the power on LED?//. So per the instructions, I am here hoping to contact support for this board so that I can continue setup and testing in Mach 4.

Best Regards, and thanks for the help!

Tim

Steve Stallings

• Administrator
  • www.PMDX.com/Images/Avatar120.jpg
    • View Profile
Re: PMDX 424 initial start up support
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 02:13:28 PM »
Sorry, but our manual has not been updated to reflect a change in how the PMDX-424 operates.

The current version now allows you to reset the board by unplugging the USB cable, so if you do not have the USB cable connected the lights will not operate as described in the manual because the board is being held in the reset condition.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

Timothy1024

• View Profile
Re: PMDX 424 initial start up support
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 09:02:48 PM »
Thanks for your help Steve! I didn't want to continue with the steps, not knowing if indeed something was wrong. I will give an update tomorrow!

Again, Thanks!

Tim