Author Topic: setup for my PMDX-107 board using UCCNC  (Read 1957 times)

jimamato

• View Profile
setup for my PMDX-107 board using UCCNC
« on: September 20, 2018, 11:55:37 AM »
I have used my smooth stepper, PMDX-126 board and PMDX-107 board for speed control for about three years now. It has worked well with Mach 3 but I have decided to give up on Mach3 and try UCCNC on my router.
My new configuration is as follows. A UC400ETH controller and both my PMDX 126 and 107 cards. I have configured my newly installed UCCNC software and all my functions seem to work except one. I am able to turn the router on successfully but in no way can I control the speed.
Any help I may get would be gratefully appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Jim

12strings

• View Profile
Re: setup for my PMDX-107 board using UCCNC
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 09:10:44 PM »
When you say you can "turn the router on successfully", do you mean using the solid-state relay outputs on the PMDX-107?  Or are you using something else to turn on the router (like one of the PMDX-126's relays)?

What are the PMDX-107 DIP switch settings?  What are the PMDX-126 DIP switch settings?

For speed control you need to tell UCCNC to output a PWM signal on pin 16 of whatever parallel power is connected to the PMDX-126's primary parallel port.  As I recall PMD usually recommends a PWM frequency of 100 Hz, though the specs on the PMDX-107 allow a range of frequencies.  I've never used or even looked at UCCNC so I have no suggestions there.  Try their forums if you don't know how to configure a PWM output.  There is a PWM LED on the PMDX-107 that should glow brighter or dimmer depending on the PWM duty cycle.

Depending on the PMDX-107 DIP switch settings, you may also need the PMDX-126 to generate a "charge pump OK" signal.

As I recall, the PMDX-107 won't turn on either of its solid-state relays (or the LED indicators for them) unless is sees the "charge pump OK" signal (or is configured to ignore it) and it sees a valid PWM signal.