Author Topic: Cannot activate Pins  (Read 2451 times)

Daryl

• View Profile
Cannot activate Pins
« on: March 26, 2016, 05:00:44 PM »
Just installed my Mach4 and PMDX-411.  The problem I do not know how to access pins that are disabled.  I am trying to set my pins 2 & 3 for my first motor, but it never becomes available, I only have 10,11,12,13, and 14 pins available.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
Re: Cannot activate Pins
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 07:29:01 PM »
You don't directly assign pins for the step/dir signals.  As shown in step (3) in section 5.2 of th PDMX-411 QuickStart Guide, Motor0 is automatically (and permanently) assigned to pins 2&3, Motor1 to pins 4&5, Motor2 to pins 6&7 and Motor3 to pins 8&9.  Go to the Configure menu and select "Mach...", then click on the "Axis Mapping" tab to mao the motors to your various axes.   You also need to click on the "Motors" tab to configure the steps/inch (or steps/mm), max velocity and acceleration for each motor.  On the "Motors" tab, click on one of the motor names (i.e. click on the word "Motor0", not the checkbox next to it).  Then edit the parameters down at the bottom and click "Apply".  Do the same for each motor.

To select which pins are "step" and which are "direction", go to the "Configure" menu and select "Plugins...", the click on "PMDX SmartBOBUSB" (or on older versions of Mach4, click on the "Configure" button next to "PMDX SmartBOBUSB".  In our configuration dialog, click on the "Motor Config" tab and you will see various configuration parameters for the motors.

Bob
Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.