Author Topic: Should I enable charge pump signal between PMDX-1267 and PMDX-107 Speed control?  (Read 2622 times)

EricMack

• View Profile
I am using an ESS with a PMDX-126 and PMDX-107.
I understand that because I am using an ESS with the PMDX-126 there is no need to use the charge pump (According to ESS Docs, the ESS will not send signals unless active. Correct?)
So, unless you advise otherwise, I will turn off the Charge Pump input into the PMDX-126 and re-assign that pin for something else.

However, as a safety, the PMDX-107 can have a charge pump input (controlled by CONFIG 3).

My question is this: Does the PMDX-126 generate the Charge Pump signal into the PMDX-107 or does it merely pass the charge pump signal from the PC through the PMDX-126 and into the PMDX-107?

I'm trying to determine if a) I need to bother with Charge Pump between ESS and PMX-126 and, b) the recommended safe way to use the charge pump with PMDX-107

I would appreciate any tips or suggestions. I could not find the answer in either the documentation or this forum (Checked both first)

Thank you

MY PMDX-107 Switches are as follows: Config 1, 2 = OFF, Config 3-5 =ON

Posted 10/10/2016

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
When the PMDX-107 is plugged into a PMDX-126 you can always leave the PMDX-107 in "require CPOK" mode.  The PMDX-126 will provide the proper signal to the 107 even if the PMDX-126 is configured to ignore charge pump.  Whenever the PMDX-126's "Outputs Enabled" LED is on, the PMDX-107 will be enabled.

Bob
Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.

EricMack

• View Profile
Excellent.

Since I am using an Ethernet SmoothStepper which eliminates the need for a Charge Pump safety, I will turn that off on the PMDX-126 and reassign that pin for another purpose.

Thank you for the clarification.  (Might be useful to add to your next manual revision)