Author Topic: PMDX-424 to DQ860MA Wiring Setup  (Read 2904 times)

CNCRick

• View Profile
PMDX-424 to DQ860MA Wiring Setup
« on: February 18, 2017, 08:37:07 PM »
Hi All,

I have a PMDX-424 BOB and DQ860MA Driver for NEMA 34 1600 Oz motor and just want to make sure I have the writing setup correctly before I power it up.  I am just hooking up one NEMA 34 right now.  I am using Motor 0 (J7) on the PMDX-424.  Here are my questions and I have also attached a picture.

1.  Step on 424 gets wired to PUL+(+5V) on the DQ860MA.  Is that correct?

2.  Dir on 424 gets wired to DIR+(+5V) on the DQ860MA.  Is that correct?

3.  Com on 424 has two wires in it and they go to PUL-(PUL) and DIR-(DIR) on the DQ860MA.  Is that correct that two wires go into the one COM port on the 424 and then they go to two places on the DQ860MA?

Maybe someone could also help on non-424 question as well (if not, no worries):

4.  I believe I have the NEMA 34 hooked up right to the DQ860MA driver.  Red and Green wire going to A+ and A-, respectively.  Yellow and Blue going to B+ and B-, respectively.  Any issues thus far?

5.  The power supply unit that came with the driver has 3 terminals for +V and 3 for -V.  The driver has power section but the labels are VDC and GND (which I believe stands for ground).  However, the power supply goes not have a ground (other than the one for the power cord).  My question is do I wire from VDC (on driver) to +V on the power supply and then GND (on driver) gets wired to -V on the power supply?  Is that right?

Sorry for the seemingly rudimentary questions, but this is the first time I am hooking up a somewhat complex system.  My only other experience was with a basic Arduino CNC shield which was very basic.

Thanks in advance for any insight. 

Rick

CNCRick

• View Profile
Re: PMDX-424 to DQ860MA Wiring Setup
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 01:45:19 PM »
Actually, I have it all working now.  The above setup appears to be correct.

If anyone sees anything wrong with the above, please let me know so I don't burnout my board, drivers, motor, etc.  I think (emphasis on think) I am getting the hang of this.  Electronics are not intuitive for me.

Anyway, if anyone sees and issue, please advise.  Thanks!

Rick

Steve Stallings

• Administrator
  • www.PMDX.com/Images/Avatar120.jpg
    • View Profile
Re: PMDX-424 to DQ860MA Wiring Setup
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 04:04:47 PM »
Congratulations on getting it running.

The way that you wired it is one of several possible ways that work properly.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com