Author Topic: PMDX-126 and CNC Drive DG4S  (Read 1883 times)

thosj

• View Profile
PMDX-126 and CNC Drive DG4S
« on: February 01, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »
I have a PMDX-126 Rev. C, running now with Gecko G320X drives. I'm going to replace the Gecko's with CNCDrive DG4S-08020 drives.

My first question is about the error/reset lines. The Gecko's have one ERR/RST terminal where the DG4S drives have separate Error and Reset terminals. But....5.6 in the DG4S manual mentions wiring them together, but not having to wire them together. So am I correct to assume they'll wire all the Error lines to ERR- and all Reset lines to RST and 5v to both COM and ERR+?

Second question, the encoders are powered from the Gecko's now. It seems that I need to supply 5v (or 12v) TO the DG4S drives to power the encoders, or the "digital part of the device." Section 3.2, page 6, of the doc explains this. Is that right, I supply 5v to Pin 4 and 8 or 12v to pins 7 and 8 on the drives? Then THAT 5v would also go to the ERR+ and COM terminals on the PMDX-126 J13?

Sorry to seem so ignorant but every time I do this I'm afraid I'll blow something up and reading the manuals, while I understand a bit, I really DON'T understand what's happening with all this electricity flowing around!!!20

Link to DG4S manual:

http://cncdrive.com/downloads/DG4S_series_manual.pdf

Thanks,

Tom Hesselman