Author Topic: Estop works backwards  (Read 3194 times)

Gallen66

• View Profile
Estop works backwards
« on: July 07, 2018, 12:37:25 PM »
Why does my estop work in reverse? I can run the machine when it’s depressed, and the estop works when it is released.

12strings

• View Profile
Re: Estop works backwards
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 03:30:55 AM »
We need more information.  From your other post,  I presume this EStop switch is connected to your PMDX-126, correct? 

To start with:
- Which terminals on the PMDX-126 is the EStop switch connected to?
- Is your EStop switch "normally open" or "normally closed"?
- When your EStop switch is NOT pressed (i.e. released), is the PMDX-126's red EStop LED on or off?  When your EStop switch IS pressed, is the PMDX-126's EStop LED on or off?
- In Mach, do you have the EStop input configured as "active high" or "active low"?  Is should be "active high", or a red "X" in the "Low Active" column.

12strings

• View Profile
Re: Estop works backwards
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 10:21:59 AM »
let me try this as helpful hints instead of "20 questions" :)

If your EStop switch has "normally closed" contacts, the switch should be wired to PMDX-126 connector J13 terminals labeled "EStop" and "GND".  The "Fault" terminal should have nothing connected to it.

If your EStop switch has "normally open" contacts, the switch should be wired to J13 terminals labeled "Fault" and "GND".  The "EStop" terminal should have nothing connected to it.

Either way, when the EStop switch is NOT pressed, the red "EStop" LED on the PMDX-126 should be off.  When the EStop switch IS pressed, the red "EStop" LED should be on (glowing red).

In Mach, the EStop input should be assigned to port 1 (in Mach3), pin 10, and be configured for "active high".  In Mach3 this means the "Low Active" column has a red "X" in it.  In Mach4 the column is called "Active Low".

There may be additional configuration stuff in the ESS plug-in configuration.  I know nothing about that.