Author Topic: Slaved Axis question  (Read 4064 times)

BeachCNC

• View Profile
Slaved Axis question
« on: February 13, 2015, 06:59:41 AM »
I have a CNC Router with dual motors on the X...will your new PMDX-422 support  a slaved stepper (A axis) ??
Best Regards, Dale
N. Myrtle Beach SC
Beach CNC

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
Re: Slaved Axis question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 03:46:59 PM »
We will be supporting slaved motors very soon, most likely next week.  The homing support that we are working on will have a restriction that you can only use one homing switch on the axis with slaved motors, and in the Mach4 configuration you must assign that one home switch to both motors in the slaved axis.  A future enhancement to the homing functions will support separate home switches for each motor.

FYI, the current version of our plug-in will allow you run slaved motors as long as you don't try to home the axis with slaved motors (i.e. you can jog the slaved axis or run GCode that moves the slaved axis). If you try to home the slaved axis the plug-in will issue an error and skip that axis.

To find out when we release the new plug-in you can configure your forums account to monitor the "Announcements" forum (http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-Forums/index.php?board=2.0).  In fact, this is a good idea for anyone who has a SmartBOB-USB.

Bob
Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.

it_guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 03:01:47 PM »
I too have a 422 and am waiting for the slaved axis feature. I have been quiet on the forums because I am finishing my machine build. everything is working great for me without any issues so far!

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 11:09:32 AM »
Still "real soon" :-)  While testing the slave axis code I discovered an issue elsewhere in the code that also needs to be addressed.

Bob
Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.

it_guy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 12:48:32 AM »
Thank you for continuing to keep us up to date on the progress. So far I am loving every bit of information and applicability each update brings to the 422!