Author Topic: PMDX 126 DOES NOT SUPPORT PWM AT ALL . NOT WORKING FOR LASER  (Read 1957 times)

galin

• View Profile
As I am a customer I expect an answer when we ask a question and especially when it is the third time I ask it without having an answer. I find it really insolent. As a self-respecting company you would at least have the despondency of answers that you do not know.

THANKS
 A EX CUSTOMER

je suis un client je m'attend a une réponse quand on pose une question et surtout quand c'est la troisieme fois que je la pose sans avoir de reponse .
Je trouve cela vraiment insolent .
Comme compagnie qui se respecte vous auriez au moins la désense de reponde que vous ne le savez pas.

12strings

• View Profile
Re: PMDX 126 DOES NOT SUPPORT PWM AT ALL . NOT WORKING FOR LASER
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 11:44:26 PM »
Where are the unanswered posts?  It looks like this is your first and only post on these forums, at least with this user name, n'est ce pas?

While I am not PMDX, I try to lend a hand when I can.  There are several (many?) threads here about people running PWM on a PMDX-126, and I had it working on my board, back when I used a PMDX-126.  Granted, not to a laser, but to a PMDX-107.

Perhaps if you can tell us about your setup, someone here might be able to help.  For example, Mach3/Mach4?  Parallel port, SmoothStepper (I may not be much help here), PMDX SmartBob or other interface to the PMDX-126?  What signals does your laser controller need, and what voltage levels?  How do you have the PMDX-126 wired to your laser controller?  What is your Mach3/Mach4 configuration?  What commands are you using in Mach to turn on the PWM?  What behavior do you see on the PMDX-126 LEDs?  Stuff like that.

galin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 09:13:59 AM »
About the post I mean E-mail in the forum post for the tech . dep.
M. 12strings you are admin or ....
mach4
ESS
PMDX 126
Since today the only thing I manage to do is to work with the GATE output.
I follow all the direction and is the result .Maybe is my misinformation , need more know how about electronic , the language use (technical word ) or the language English (born French Canadian ).
All that said is I place 2 or 3 email on the pmdx web costumer site and had answer Until what I don't radio silence from PMDX. At least if my question can't be answer just say I DON'T KNOW  and we will try together to find answers not just not answering . That is the most it's the most insulting thing . Try me , ask me question that really matter to you and me not giving you nothing not even  I DON'T KNOW  , how would you feel.
And If you can deal with reproach so you maybe not be in the right place .

12strings

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 02:03:50 AM »

M. 12strings you are admin or ....
Not an employee of PMDX

mach4
ESS
PMDX 126
Now THAT is useful information.  I've seen many people on this forum have issues getting Mach4 and the ESS (and any breakout board) working with PWM outputs.  Part of that was early issues with the ESS Mach4 plug-in, and part was what (to me) is a complex user interface in the ESS plug-in.  Please note that my personal experience with Mach4 and the ESS is from several years ago (4 or more years ago, I think).  Since then, all I know about the ESS is what I've seen on this forum.

Do you have other inputs and outputs from Mach4/ESS working through the PMDX-126?  Like motor step and direction, limit switches, E-Stop, etc.?  If so, you can use the LEDs on the PMDX-126 to help debug your Mach4/ESS configuration.  For the PWM putput pin (usually port 1 pin 17, but doesn't have to be), the LED will be dim for low "speed" values, and brighter for higher "speed" values.  You can also use a volt meter to measure the voltage on the PWM pin - it will have a lower voltage for low "speed" values, and higher voltage (up to 5V) for higher "speed" values.

For the GATE output, the LED will turn on or off when the spindle is on or off, depending on the output pin polarity.

For help getting the ESS to output PWM, I suggest looking on the Warp9 forums (https://warp9td.com/index.php/kunena/index) or their FAQs.  I cannot help with that.  Hmmm, have you seen this FAQ:

https://warp9td.com/index.php/faq/faq-mach4#LaserSetup

I didn't know they had special purpose laser PWM signals.