Author Topic: PMDX 424 stuck in E-Stop state  (Read 1976 times)

Almasts

• View Profile
PMDX 424 stuck in E-Stop state
« on: August 07, 2019, 10:19:42 PM »
I have a 424, with a 407 attached and a 104 connected, running a CNC Router with Mach 4.

Windows 7
Mach 4 build 4162
WX4.set
PMDX424 RevB PCB
SN 34478 (B1)
Plugin 0.53.263
Bootloader 1.13.73
Firmware 0.60.208

Finishing up a major refurbish / improvement of the machine and today somehow got the board into E-stop, and can't get it to recover.
Powering everything off , waiting and restarting doesn't help... Nor does uninstall / reinstall of Mach 4 or Plugin.
Mach 4 still will not enable and reports: PMDX could not enable the SmartBOB 'error E-Stop active, not allowed'
We have the orange LED briefly lit when powering on, the green LED flashing approx once per second. and the red LED continuously lit.
I upgraded the plug-in and firmware a couple of weeks ago and we've had each axis running individually for testing since then.
Is there a hard reset button on the board?
My machine E-Stop is purely an AC Power cut-off and has never been connected to the 424 E-stop port. The original supplied bridged plug is in the same place its always been at the end of the outputs (J14)?

12strings

• View Profile
Re: PMDX 424 stuck in E-Stop state
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 12:00:14 AM »
Orange LED?  Yeah, I guess the "yellow" LEDs aren't really that pure a yellow.  While LED is this that is briefly lit on power up.

Is the "Power On" LED on?  This is the one near the header connector for the PMDX-407, and the silk screen says "Power On" (of course).

First thing to try is power off and remove ALL of the pluggable screw terminals except for the 2-pin power input (J19) and the 3-pin EStop connector. (J14)  Also unplug the PMDX-407 from the 424.  Power on the board, start Mach4 and see if the red LED turns off.

If not, try removing and re-installed the jumper wire or whatever that is in the EStop connector.  If you have a meter, with J14 unplugged, measure the resistance between the center screw terminal and one one that would be closest to the corner of the PCB, if the connector were plugged in to the board.

Almasts

• View Profile
Re: PMDX 424 stuck in E-Stop state
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 06:06:20 PM »
Thanks..... I Think its dead. New board ordered.