Author Topic: Connecting Clearpath SDSK servos to PMDX 126 board  (Read 2037 times)

nickkinsman

• View Profile
Connecting Clearpath SDSK servos to PMDX 126 board
« on: July 21, 2019, 08:45:41 PM »
Hello;

I've recently upgraded servo's on my mill to Clearpath SDSK.  I am wondering how to get an outputs enable signal to the clearpath from the PMDX 126?  The clearpath needs 5 to 24VDC to enable the outputs.  I tried connecting to the 'outputs enabled' LED connection on the 126 but it doesn't have enough to drive the clearpath.  I don't know where there is another place to get an outputs enabled signal off the BOB?

Right now I've got it working by simply connecting the clearpath input to the 12V unreg on the board, so it enables when the BOB comes online, but I would like it to be driven by the chargepump signal so it will shut off on estop, not just by board power. 

Any ideas?
Thanks.

FYI, in case anyone needs the info, I used a 3-block opto-isolated relay bank to invert the fault signal from the clearpath to drive the fault circuit on the 126 (since they work in inverted function). It works great.  I used 12VDC relays powered off the 12V unregulated on the BOB, but you could use 5V off the board too.

12strings

• View Profile
Re: Connecting Clearpath SDSK servos to PMDX 126 board
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 10:45:21 PM »
Are you already using K2 for anything?  If not, it can be configured to energize when outputs are enabled (charge pump present), and de-energized when the charge pump goes away.

Or, since you are already handy with opto-isolated relays (or could use solid-state relay), you can configure the port 1 pin 17 output on the screw terminals to go high when charge pump is present and low when not present.

nickkinsman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 06:12:23 PM »
Or, since you are already handy with opto-isolated relays (or could use solid-state relay), you can configure the port 1 pin 17 output on the screw terminals to go high when charge pump is present and low when not present.

What voltage is supplied by pin 17 when it is high, to drive the relay?

Thanks, that's a good idea.

12strings

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 12:29:01 AM »
Nominally 5V, but it depends on how much current you draw.  The exact spec is in the user's manual.  It should be enough to drive a 5V solid-state relay, or 5V compatible opto relay.