Author Topic: installing pmdx-411 in mach4  (Read 1511 times)

jacques

• View Profile
installing pmdx-411 in mach4
« on: March 18, 2020, 11:51:21 AM »
hi
i've downloaded the plugin and ran the setup as per instructions.
i cannot find "how to" make the plugin appear in the "select motion device" of mach4. the only controller i see is the simulation device.
i am new (but not illiterate) to the cnc world. i have a solid computer background(retired after 24 years of tech support), so all i really need is a "how to" if someone can point me in the right direction...

thnx

jacques

bois-exotique.com

jacques

• View Profile
Re: installing pmdx-411 in mach4
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 12:26:07 PM »
after looking around, in the system information section, i see that the "enabled" value for the "pmdx-smartBOB-USB" is set to NO.
how would i enable it?

12strings

• View Profile
Re: installing pmdx-411 in mach4
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 12:04:26 AM »
When you say the "enabled" value is NO, do you mean it has a red "X" next to it?  If so, and if you are looking in the "plugins" tab of the "Control configuration" dialog, then just click on the red "X" to make it a green check mark.  Then click on "OK'.  Now it should be available in the "select motion device" dialog.

That said - to make things easier why not clone one of the stock PMDX profiles as a starting point? They already have the basic configuration settings configured.  Including having the PMDX plug-in enabled and selected.  Or are you taking an existing profile and trying to change the motion device to the PMDX-411?  if so, never mind :)