Author Topic: 411-Chinese BOB Not working  (Read 1838 times)

Rockland213

• View Profile
411-Chinese BOB Not working
« on: November 16, 2020, 07:14:22 PM »
I bought a 411 to try and get my Chinese BOB and drivers to work. I am having NO luck, my drivers are getting a signal when I try to jog but no motor movement. I have no idea what to try next,I have went thru all the set up many times with no change.

I was trying to figure this thing out by looking on-line and I found OpenBuilds black-box. I bought it and had my motors working in about a half-hour after I got it.

Now I have a 411 BOB and 4 drivers that I can’t get to work.

I have tried to contact PMDX to see if they had any idea what to try, but no response.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
Rocky

12strings

• View Profile
Re: 411-Chinese BOB Not working
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 12:23:30 AM »
Typical issues include step and dir swapped to the drivers - if that is the case, jogging back and forth causes the (I presume) stepper motor to take one step every other direction change.  Or the motor driver has +/- inputs that they are wired incorrectly to the BOB.  Or an ENABLE/DISABLE input that isn't wired correctly.  Or... or... or...

Lots of possibilities.  Need WAAAAAAAAY more information.  Including: make/model (or documentation for) motor driver, documentation on the breakout board, your Mach4 configuration ("profile package" in Mach4 speak).  A wiring diagram to show how the BOB and drivers are connected.  And how do you know your drivers are getting a signal?  Did you see LEDs flicker? measure with a meter?  Did the OpenBuilds thingy (I have no idea what that is) work with the same Mach4 config as you tried with the PMDX-411?

Rockland213

• View Profile
Re: 411-Chinese BOB Not working
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 07:36:22 PM »

I got a motor to turn :)
had to put a jumper form the 5V to the EN

motor sound like crap ..... but ill save that for another day