Author Topic: no power to G320X after sitting?  (Read 1530 times)

kemlin

• View Profile
no power to G320X after sitting?
« on: February 11, 2021, 06:08:55 PM »
I have a mill that was converted a while ago and it was in working order.  After sitting for a good while I went to use the controls with mach III today and there was nothing.  Mach was seeing the controls and the PMDX-126 was seeing the signal but there is no power to the gecko G320X drivers.  No lights .....NADA.  Any thoughts on why?  I have check the power supply and even switched to a backup unit I have and no power to the drivers.  Any help would be great as I am scratching my head.  When I press the test button on the PMDX board I get the E-stop to light up which makes me wonder.  I'm guessing at this point.

12strings

• View Profile
Re: no power to G320X after sitting?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 09:40:57 AM »
On the PMDX-126, pressing the "test" button is supposed to light up the EStop LED, and send the EStop signal to Mach. That tells Mach not to try and do anything.

As for no power - if you have voltage at your power supply but not at the power terminals on your G320Xs (have you checked with a meter?), check your wiring.  Does the motor power go through the large relay on the 126?