Author Topic: Squaring the Gantry on the PMDX-424 without functionality  (Read 2483 times)

Rambo

• View Profile
Squaring the Gantry on the PMDX-424 without functionality
« on: August 06, 2020, 11:32:21 AM »
I'm attempting to find a solution to squaring the gantry on a AVID CNC CRP4824. The 424 does not have a gantry squaring feature so I have thought of two options:

1. Using LUA I would have to un-map the two Y stepper motors Y1, and Y2, Move them both to Y home waiting for both proximity sensors to trip and then once this is complete, establish a machine home and re-map the two motors back to the Y axis. Am I missing anything?

2. (Current method) where I move the axis manually to a known alignment fixture. This is only an eyeball method and works "okay" now.

Does anyone have any better methods? I'm digging into the LUA code base and it could take some time to get a working script.

Thank you

mckinleyrb

• View Profile
Re: Squaring the Gantry on the PMDX-424 without functionality
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 08:41:01 AM »
I created a separate profile for squaring where I assigned the gantry motors to different axes and then homed them at the same time. The issue I am running into is that when I close that profile and open my plasma cutter profile, the motors dont seem to remap back to being master/slave on the X unless I power off/on the pmdx424

mckinleyrb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 04:26:57 PM »
Add a new button on the screen and add the code I wrote as shown in the link below to the PLC, button, and Screen Load scripts.  Let me know if it works for you.

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=44044.new#new

neilD321

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 05:17:16 AM »
Hey @mckinleyrb,

I just replied to this in the Mach forum...