Author Topic: PMDX-411 Device Descriptor Request Failed  (Read 1718 times)

ajsketti

• View Profile
PMDX-411 Device Descriptor Request Failed
« on: September 11, 2021, 02:49:12 PM »
I recently bought a PMDX-411 for my CNC router but havent been able to get it started ever since receiving it. Every time I plug it into my computer (Windows 10 64bit), it tells me "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." When open Mach4 (Version: 4.2.0.4612), it tells me that the port auto-scan did not find a valid PMDX-SmartBOB-USB device and that it couldn't connect with it.

I checked in device manager but rather than find any Virtual COM Ports the only thing that shows up is in the USB controllers section: it says "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed", hence why Windows stopped the device.

I've completely reinstalled the PMDX Driver (Version 0.53.263) and the Virtual COM Port Driver several times (both together and separately), but still no luck. I did get the device to recognize once for a few minutes after a complete removal, PC restart, and reinstall, but soon after it failed and I haven't been able to get it to work again.

I've tried this on three computers (Two with Windows 10 64bit and one with Windows 7 32bit), and the same problem persists for all of them.

Is there a fix for this or is my controller a dud?

12strings

• View Profile
Re: PMDX-411 Device Descriptor Request Failed
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 11:50:14 PM »
Is the PMDX-411 connected to anything on the 25-pin connector (or has it ever had anything connected to it)?  Or just to the PC via the USB cable?

What do the LEDs on the PMDX-411 show?

If Windows can't read the USB device descriptors, then the unit will probably need to be returned.

ajsketti

• View Profile
Re: PMDX-411 Device Descriptor Request Failed
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 09:48:42 PM »
The 411 wasnt connected to anything on the 25-pin connector, just the PC via the USB cable. when I first plug it in the green and red light light up solid, then the green light blinks briefly every two seconds or so.