Author Topic: Problem With PMDX 424 when running with mach4  (Read 6683 times)

hernandd58

• View Profile
Problem With PMDX 424 when running with mach4
« on: May 07, 2016, 06:51:38 PM »
I just downloaded Vcarve pro onto my laptop and as i was testing everything out. toward the end of the run, my CNC machine stops and i get the following error History PMDX-SmartBOB-USB DEVICE ERROR: SYSTEM ERROR (12) USB Rx Overflow. When this happens the CNC and Mach4 are dead in the water can not move the Z,X,or Y access.  Have to shut everything off and reset everything.  I have ad this happen more than once and on different cut folders.  Any suggestions.
I am Using Windows 10, PMDX 424, Mach 4 and Vcarve Pro.  Here is the history report

hernandd58

• View Profile
Re: Problem With PMDX 424 when running with mach4
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 07:10:38 PM »
here is the other history report

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 11:23:37 PM »
I know where in the code we generate that error, but I cannot come up with a good explanation as to why it is happening.  So.... Would you please have our plug-in create a debug log.  See our FAQ post on the this SmartBOB-USB section of the forums (http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-Forums/index.php?topic=75.0), then click on the link for item #4.

Enable the plug-in's debug log as described, then exit Mach4 and re-start it.  Load and run a GCode file that causes this error.  Once you get the error, disable the plug-in's debug log file as described in the FAQ, then create a "profile packet" (also described in the FAQ).  You can either upload the profile package here on the forums, or you can email it to me at bob at this domain.  Please also send me the GCode file that you ran.

BTW - this will also help explain the other issue you posted about (http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-Forums/index.php?topic=269.0) - getting limit switch messages on startup.

Bob
Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.

hernandd58

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 01:20:07 AM »
Bob, here are the profile package and the G code I was running when the Mach 4 stop working. 

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 12:41:31 AM »
Found the problem.  I hope to have a new plug-in version soon for you to try out.

Bob
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.

hernandd58

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 09:41:52 AM »
Bob
That good news hope it's not a big issue, by the way I posted my problem on the Google + R7 group and another member said he is having the same problem. 

Again thanks for your assistance. 

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 09:10:24 AM »
I've sent you a link to your hotmail email address (with the incomplete subject line "PMDX-SmartBOB", need my morning coffee!).  Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Bob

hernandd58

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 08:39:01 PM »
Bob,
I downloaded the plug-in on Friday and it looks like the problem is fixed.  I ran the g code file and it ran all the way through and completed.  I'm still seeing the Y limit switch error during start up but its not an issue as everything seem to be working.
Again Thanks for your assistance an prompt reply.

Thanks

Dennis 

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 09:26:25 PM »
I downloaded the plug-in on Friday and it looks like the problem is fixed.  I ran the g code file and it ran all the way through and completed.
Great!  Now I just need to finish the release.

I'm still seeing the Y limit switch error during start up but its not an issue as everything seem to be working.
That is annoying, but harmless (this happens only during Mach4 startup, and Mach4 is already disabled).  It is due to the timing of various startup functions in our plug-in and in the Mach4 core.  And that timing varies from PC to PC.  I have some ideas on how to avoid that, but not for this next release.

Bob