Author Topic: My PMDX-126 Thread  (Read 32125 times)

SeabeeGizmo

• View Profile
Re: My PMDX-126 Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2015, 03:58:06 AM »
 I did not show that the two relays going to the Estop are in ser. Plus my E switches have two N/C switches on them.

Hope this helps.

Bruce
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:04:48 AM by SeabeeGizmo »

Steve Stallings

• Administrator
  • www.PMDX.com/Images/Avatar120.jpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 08:01:40 PM »
Sorry, somehow I missed the notification that you had replied.

I cannot figure out your logic from your diagram. Too many things
do not show their actual connections, but rather have labels. You
no doubt know what is actually connected where, but I cannot tell.

Your problem symptoms sound like something is acting like a
latching circuit or self controlling feedback. The PMDX-126 does
not have any latching behavior from its E-Stop or /Fault inputs,
but if you combine outputs from Mach3 and the PMDX-126 into
circuits that control inputs to E-Stop or /Fault, such a condition
could have been created.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

SeabeeGizmo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2015, 02:27:59 AM »
Sorry from being late on the reply. Thought I had set it a long time back, but do not see it.

The problem is this the same.

Gizmo

PS: made this yesterday. If anyone wants the V-carve 8 files please give me your email address in a message.

SeabeeGizmo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2015, 02:31:30 AM »
test post

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2015, 09:42:39 AM »
The problem is this the same.

The problem is the same... as this?
When I power it up for the first time I flip on the main breaker. This power the 126 card, 24vdc supply and the cooling system. The Estop is set because I have not set my emergency buttons.

Once all are in the open setting the 134, Gicko's and the relay wired to the Fault get power. The button (to repay) in the box by my spindle is the only thing hooked up to Estop on 126. Now the Estop light goes out and all is good to go.

Now if at sometime later if I push one of the E buttons the system stops and goes into Estop. This is right. But is I reset the buttons the 126 Estop will not reset until I either turn off power to 126 or close Mach3.

There is still too much missing information (at least to me) in your diagram.  You commented somewhere previously that two of the relays were actually wired in series, but I don't see that in the drawing.  And do you really have 7 EStop switches in your system (3 shown to the left of the main 230VAC, 3 shown to the right of the main 230VAC and one shown on gantry)?

Do you have anything connected to the ERR+ and ERR- terminals on the PMDX-126 (located just above the Fault terminal)?

If you are still having the issue shown above, lets try something different.  Do you have  DC voltmeter?  If so, the next time the PMDX-126 shows EStop (red LED is on and won't turn off when you think it should), measure the voltage between the EStop terminal on the PMDX-126 and the adjacent GND terminal.  Also measure the voltage between the PMDX-126's Fault input and the adjacent GND terminal.

In order for the PMDX-126 to come out of EStop, the EStop terminal must be close to 0V (say less than 0.5V, roughly), *AND* the Fault terminal must *NOT* be close to GND (say, above 3V, roughly - but I need to make some measurements when I get in the office later today).  Also, the voltage from the ERR+ to ERR- terminal must be close to 0V (not referenced to GND, rather ERR+ referenced to ERR-).

Let us know what voltages you measured in these 3 places.  If they are not as described above then we need to figure out what is either pulling the Fault input to GND or NOT pulling the EStop input to GND.

Bob
Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.