Author Topic: MACH3 or MACH4 for new User with PMDX126, PMDX107, Gecko G203V and ESS  (Read 3533 times)

CNCRouter4fun

• View Profile
Hello.  First post.  I am leaving my comfort zone, mechanical, and starting the electronic and software aspects of my CNC machine build.  I have a PMDX-126,  PMDX-107, two PMDX-133, ESS and am using Gecko G203V drivers.  Late model PC with windows 7.  Plan to purchase 2.2KW water cooled spindle.  My machine will initially be 3 axis (with a fourth slaved gantry axis) but it is designed be 5 axis (6 motors).  Have not yet obtained MACH software.  Any suggestions: Should I go Mach3 or Mach4 hobby?  Thanks for any recommendations.
Mark

Steve Stallings

• Administrator
  • www.PMDX.com/Images/Avatar120.jpg
    • View Profile
As of late July 2015 I would still recommend using Mach3 if you need to use a SmoothStepper as they are still working to get their Mach4 plug-in working well. Check the SmoothStepper forums for more details. You could use the Mach3 software in demo mode while you evaluate your options.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

CNCRouter4fun

• View Profile
Re: MACH3 or MACH4 for new User with PMDX126, PMDX107, Gecko G203V and ESS
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 06:55:50 AM »
Thanks Steve. Will stick with MACH3 for now. Enough complication from my own doing.
Mark