Author Topic: G-code stops running with 411  (Read 2419 times)

ScottC

• View Profile
G-code stops running with 411
« on: August 28, 2016, 11:38:24 AM »
I am running PMDX411 and Mach 4 and the my G-code stops running at times and the PMDX goes into a mode where the red and green lights flash back and forth.  For me to clear it i have to close everything and start over.  Can i get some directions as to were to solve this issue so the code runs with out interruption from start to finish.  Iam running news version of Mach4 and lateest version of 411 from site.

Scott

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
Re: G-code stops running with 411
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 12:03:13 AM »
The red & green LEDs alternating at about 3 times per second means some kind of internal fault (invalid memory access, for example).  When that happens the only option (as you've discovered) is to un-plug the PMDX-411 from the USB port and exit Mach4.  Wait 10 seconds to make sure our plug-in shuts down.  Then plug the PMDX-411 back into the USB port, wait a few seconds and then re-start Mach4.

(1) Does this happen every time?

(2) Does this happen at the same place in your GCode file?

(3) What version of Windows are you running (XP, Win7, 8, 8.1, 10)?  And is it 32-bit or 64 bit?

(4) To help me figure out what is causing this, please enable our plug-in's debug log as described in item (4) of the SmartBOB FAQ here:

http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-Forums/index.php?topic=75.0

Enable the debug log as described, exit Mach4.  Re-start Mach4, load and ruin your GCode file.  When you get this error condition, disable the debug log as described in the FAQ above.  Then create a "profile package" as described in step (8).  Send me *BOTH* the profile package *AND* your GCode file.  You can either post them here on the forums, or you can email them to be at bob at this domain.

Bob
Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.