Author Topic: All new install with Mach 4 worked and then broke ;)  (Read 2392 times)

mhackney

• View Profile
All new install with Mach 4 worked and then broke ;)
« on: December 15, 2017, 04:44:19 PM »
I got my PMDX-411 and coupon for Mach 4. I followed instructions precisely to install on a Windows 10 laptop I have laying around and not used for a few months. After installing and licensing Mach (verified it is licensed) I quit and then installed the PMDX driver, plugged in the 411 and then started Mach and selected the sample PDMX-411 profile. Mach showed that the 411 was selected under Show Motion Device. All seemed well and went remarkably easy. And that's where it all went south.

In the background of doing all of this, Windows 10 was downloading a lot of system update files and asked to install them. I quit Mach and allowed the updates to occur. Now I have these problems:

when I launch Mach I get a slew of Error dialogs:

failed to load shared library mcKeyboard.m4pw
failed to load shared library mcLua.m4pw
failed to load shared library mcModbus.m4pw
failed to load shared library mcRefile.m4pw
failed to load shared library mcSerieal.m4pw
failed to load shared library PMDX-SmartBOB-USB.m4pw
failed to load shared library ShuttlePro.m4pw
failed to load shared library Sim.m3pw

Mach then loads but I don't have the PMDX motion control device. I attempted to re-install the PMDX driver by unplugging it first, updating, plugging in and then running Mach 4 with the same errors above.

I bet I'm not the only one this has happened to but I can't find info on how to recover. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

mhackney

• View Profile
Re: All new install with Mach 4 worked and then broke ;)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:32:39 PM »
Ended up uninstalling Mach 4, reinstalling it, reinstalling the driver and then all was well Hopefully this won't be an ongoing issue with new system updates.