Author Topic: Introduction and question  (Read 2023 times)

chuckeroo

• View Profile
Introduction and question
« on: August 15, 2018, 03:13:30 PM »
Hi my name Charlie and I am new to the forum, first post. purchased the pmdx 126 I am running 4 gecko 201x's on a home built gantry mill. I am in the process of setting up home switches. I am using the y, a to drive y axis . Also using mechanical switches on the z and x axis's. On the y axis I am using 2 hall effect sensors,  the z homes and drives off, the x homes and drives off the y with the hall effect sensors will trigger the LED on the breakout board as well as triggering the LED in the mach 3 diagnostic screen. Problem is the y motor continues to creep forward after being triggered and crashes into the y stop. Hmmm what gives?   Any input would be appreciated. I realize that this is most likely not a problem that is occurring with the breakout board. But it's a stab in the dark, since I have no direction as to where I should post this question. These particular hall effect sensors where purchased from Tindie. The 5 volts that is being used to supply  to supply the hall effect sensors id being supplied by the pmdx 126 off of the J12 connector.

MichaelSmith

• View Profile
Re: Introduction and question
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 05:31:06 AM »
This is Michael, a new member of this amazing community. I hope to find solutions to all my tech-related troubles.