Author Topic: The pc can’t recognize the PMDX-424  (Read 2876 times)

Crisulloa94

• View Profile
The pc can’t recognize the PMDX-424
« on: September 04, 2018, 11:34:22 AM »
Hello, my company bought an PMDX-424 because we have an YCM-40 cnc miller, I do everything that says quick start manual but when I try to do the step 2.8 i have a problem with the drivers because the computer that I use don’t recognize the PMDX-424 (and I try with 5 different pc, all them have windows 7) the computer don't show me any messages that is a device connected and well after that i go to the forums and found that link https://faq.pmdx.com/content/2/1/en/troubleshooting-did-not-find-a-valid-pmdx_smartbob-device-errors.html i do everything that say there but still happens anything, when i see if the drivers had been installed the drivers have a yellow triangle in the description says: this device can’t star (code 10), what can i do now?

Cristian Matute

12strings

• View Profile
Re: The pc can’t recognize the PMDX-424
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 10:30:07 PM »
Uninstalling and re-installing the drivers can be tricky. 

- When you look in "Device Manager" and see a yellow triangle next to the "STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port" line, is that line under "Ports (COM & LPT)" or is it under "Other devices"?

- Are you running Win7 32-bit or 64-bit?

- Which driver installer did you download from http://www.pmdx.com/Downloads_Utilities/ ?  VCP_V1.3.1_Setup.exe or VCP_V1.3.1_Setup_x64.exe or VCP_V1.4.0_FullInstall.zip?

- When you ran this VCP installer the 2nd time (to install the driver again), did you get 2 setups of installer dialog windows as mentioned in the FAQ?

Crisulloa94

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 01:25:35 PM »
I did it, I reinstalled like 3 or 4 times l,

the yellow triangle where next to  STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port under Ports (COM & LPT)

I ran Win7 64–bit

I downloaded every driver installer and tried all od them

No, I didn’t get any dialog windows

12strings

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 12:02:24 AM »
No, I didn’t get any dialog windows
The attached images are from the VCP_V1.3.1_Setup_x64.exe installer on my Win7 PC.  You didn't see any of these or anything like these?

Hmmmm... maybe try it this way.

- Make sure the SmartBOB's USB cable it NOT connected to the PC
- Go to the "Start" menu then click on "settings"
- Find "Add/Remove Programs"
- Scroll to the end and look for "Virtual COM Port Driver".  Click once on that, then click on "uninstall".
- Reboot the PC
- Try running the VCP_V1.3.1_Setup_x64.exe program again.
- Then try plugging the SmartBOB's USB  cable into the PC

Crisulloa94

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 08:29:40 PM »
I did it, but still unrecognized the PMDX-424!

12strings

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 09:15:54 PM »
Lets go back and answer a previous question:  When you ran the VCP_V1.3.1 installer, did you see ANY dialog windows?  Specifically any ones that looked like the images I posted earlier?  Or something that looked different than those images?