Author Topic: Running a 416 and 411 on same computer  (Read 2093 times)

csdisme

• View Profile
Running a 416 and 411 on same computer
« on: September 14, 2020, 08:47:10 PM »
I have a mill and a router that I would like to run off of the same computer. The mill is running fine using the 416 and  am just finishing up building the router which will use the 411 and Gecko 540. I'm not planning on running them at the same time and thought there would be no issues in setting up Mach4 in a new directory and  loading the plug-in into the new directory as well.

Before i screw anything up, as I said the mill is running fine, i wanted to make sure i wasnt creating a problem for myself by doing this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve Stallings

• Administrator
  • www.PMDX.com/Images/Avatar120.jpg
    • View Profile
Re: Running a 416 and 411 on same computer
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 09:52:29 PM »
Having multiple profiles on one computer is fine, but you only install Mach4 once. Use Mach4Loader to select the desired profile, or edit your desktop launcher to start the desired profile.

Having two SmartBOBs plugged into your computer at the same time will not work because the first one found is the one that will run, regardless of profile. You will need to plug in only the one that you intend to run at the time.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

csdisme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 06:46:08 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping that would be the case. So I dont actually have to have two separate Mach4 setups in different folders, just one but use 2 different profiles, correct?

12strings

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 06:34:38 PM »
Correct - 2 different profiles.  AND make sure that the corresponding PMDX device is connected to the USB.