Author Topic: Many problems with my 424  (Read 2291 times)

radio.dub

• View Profile
Many problems with my 424
« on: May 29, 2021, 02:26:22 PM »
still trying to get some basic functionality out of my PMDX424 board.  I am getting the following problems...

with limit switches enabled on input 1 I start mach 4 and go to the jogging tab and get the following message 'can't jog toward X+ limit'

with no limit switches or home switches enabled on input 1 I start mach 4 and hit ref all home and get the following message-
'unexpected homing request while mach 4 is disabled, ignoring'

with home switches enabled on input 1 I can jog and when I hit the home switch I get the following message- 'Home switch Y Home tripped'
when I hit the reference all axes button I get the following error- 'Multiple HOME switches share the same input and at least one of those
home switches are active.  The PMDX-SmartBOB- USB cannot determine if the X axis is currently on its home switch nor when the X axis
hits its home switch'  and I am not even on the switch. when I hit OK it says referencing complete and no motion on the machine happens
then when I hit enable again I get the following message- 'Could not enable the PMDX-SmartBOB-USB, error 'internal Device Error 110 (Device not configured)'

there is a persistent error when jogging which is- 'DEVICE ERROR 'SYSTEM ERROR(7): Motion Underrun'. I have already increased
the jog buffer to 500 and the gcode buffer to 1000.  this helped a little but not much.

my details are as follows:
I am running Windows 10 home 64bit

Mach 4 and plugin version:

Wed May 12 17:48:58 2021
Mach4 Version: 4612
Screen Set: wx4.set
Device: PMDX-424 [Rev D PCB] on COM3
Serial Number: SN39547 (D1 )
Plug-in Version: 0.53.263
Bootloader Version: 1.15.76
Firmware Version: 0.60.208

Any info you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks

neilD321

• View Profile
Re: Many problems with my 424
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 07:38:58 PM »
Hey radio.dub,

If your 424 is anything like my 422 then Plug-in Version: 0.53.263 might be the problem.
If I upgrade to that version my board crashes with stuff like you are reporting.
Mine works just fine on version 0.52.254 though.

Annoyingly Support seems AWOL at the moment, which is unusual as Bob and Steve are normally on it.
Not sure what's going on??

mntlvr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 11:10:01 PM »
Fellas.

Bob has left PMDX so Steve is alone at the moment and has moved his business to his home so he is a bit behind, give him a call.
Thanks

smav

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 05:12:29 AM »
radio.dub---I have basically the same issues and they have seemed to get progressively worse over time. I upgraded a Chinese machine a few years ago so I could get rid of the bootlegged mach 3 they send it with so I go a 424 and mach 4 and wish now I would have just stayed with what they sent. It has been about two years since I did the upgrade and it started out with mach 4 giving the error on start up that it didn't find the controller. That is easily remedied by unplugging the usb cable and restarting mach 4. Then it progressed to doing it every once in great while during operations or while I was using the machine. Now what you describe is just about spot on with what I have been experiencing lately.
So if you guys figure anything out or hear back from Steve please post as I would like to see if there is anything that can be done. On a side note, the original card that came with the machine never experienced any glitches like the this smart bob does but I kind of like the Mach 4 GUI screens and the fact that you can customize it pretty easily. So I have forwent going back to the old card and mach 3.