Author Topic: PMDX-126 Air Solenoid Relay  (Read 3272 times)

Techsavvy34

• View Profile
PMDX-126 Air Solenoid Relay
« on: April 16, 2015, 02:11:12 PM »
Hey Guys,  It's been a while since I wired a relay and just want to make sure I'm doing it right.  I'm wiring a 120vac air solenoid for my coolant to the relay on the pmdx-126.  Do I wire a live wire to the com terminal and then connect my air solenoids live wire to the NO terminal on the pmdx?  What do I do with the N and gorund wires?

Bob at PMDX

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
Re: PMDX-126 Air Solenoid Relay
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 03:09:59 PM »
Generally, we advise connecting the hot (or live) wire to the N/O (normally open) terminal, then connect the COM terminal to the solenoid.  That way, when the relay is open, the hot wire is not connected to any other terminal.  If you were using K2 on the PMDX-126 and wired the hot wire to the COM terminal, it would be connected to the N/C terminal whenever the relay was de-energized.

The N (neutral) wire should go directly from the A/C outlet to the air solenoid.  If the solenoid has a connection for the ground/earth wire, then run that also directly from the A/C outlet to the solenoid.

Bob
Engineering Hell: Everything's right and nothing works.
Bob's Corollary: If everything's right and nothing works, double check your assumptions.