Author Topic: I am clueless... I have A PMDX-126 and a lot of questions  (Read 2024 times)

tinyfeet

• View Profile
I am clueless... I have A PMDX-126 and a lot of questions
« on: November 14, 2017, 02:02:15 PM »
So long story short, a partner and I had been building a CNC machine for the last 4 years.  He convinced me he knew what he was doing, and about a year and a half ago he bails.  I have zero experience, but me and a friend have managed to finish all of the physical components of the CNC, we are now looking at the wiring (the last thing the guy did before he left) of a year and a half ago and trying to make heads or tails of it.  So here is what I know (please keep in mind I am an amateur 3 d designer that backed this project because I wanted to make furniture)

I have Motion King Motors 34H2A9850 with 5.0 A and 1.8 degree steps
hooked to
2L860 drivers from link motor
I have power supplies hooked up
I have the drivers already wired into a PMDX 126 board

this board is attached to a computer that we have installed lunixcnc on.

When we go to start configuring lunixcnc asks what pins everything is attached to, and for the life of me I can not figure out what pins correspond with the PMDX 126 board.
I keep returning to the manual but honestly it don't understand it.
Can somebody give me the dummies guide to the PMDX 126?

LerninCNC

• View Profile
Re: I am clueless... I have A PMDX-126 and a lot of questions
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 10:26:04 AM »
I am by no means an expert but I did just complete my installation using a PMDX-126, PMDX-107 and an ESS.  In regards to the pin numbers look closely at your 126 board.  Each screw terminal has a number etched next to it.  These numbers are your pin numbers.  Hope this helps.