Buffered Breakout Board with "Charge Pump"
The PMDX-121 is a motion control breakout board for interfacing with the
parallel port of an IBM-PC style computer
- Supports all signals present on a standard printer port. (8 data, 5 input, 4 output)
- Buffers signals to protect the PC's printer port.
- Utilizes standard IEEE-1284 Centronics style printer cable for connection to PC.
- Provides LED status indicators on the 5 input and 4 output signals.
- Supports the MACH2 "charge pump" signal to inhibit outputs when the MACH2 software is not running.
- Inhibits outputs when E-Stop or Fault inputs are asserted.
- Reports E-Stop to computer on loss of power, E-Stop loop open, or Fault input grounded.
- Provides one 10 Amp. relay on board for spindle or other I/O output function.
- Inputs have pull-ups to +5 volts and are filtered to suppress noise.
- Step and direction outputs from data bits can be common ground or common +5 volts for driving opto inputs.
- All I/O connections are made via wire clamp screw terminal strips.
- Auxiliary +5 volt DC output available to power sensors.
- Three power supply options. (external DC, external AC, or USB port power steal)
- LED to indicate "outputs enabled" status so "charge pump" status can be seen.
- Jumpers to control "charge pump" functionality.
Download the full manual in PDF format here (revision 1.4, 212 KB).